Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I am okay. (Regarding Terror Attack in Jerusalem this Morning)

First of all, I am okay. Please spread the word to anybody who asks.

Late this morning, while sitting in my Talmud class, I heard police/ambulance sirens. Over and over they came, and although the Conservative Yeshiva is near the center of Jerusalem, we heard a few too many sirens for me to not notice.

Immediately after class, the director of our program came into our lunch seminar to give us a security update. There was a pigua, a terror attack, in Jerusalem on Jaffa Road, somewhere between the shuk and the central bus station. It was unusual, in that the terrorist was the driver (or hijacked the driver) of a tractor or bulldozer, and he drove the vehicle into cars and buses in the street. As of this point, three people are dead and more than 60 are injured.

My roommates and I will be staying in and cooking a bit more at home. Tonight, I am going to see Dina (my cousin) and her family, as they drove in this evening to visit her in-laws, who happen to live down the street from my apartment.

Please join me in mourning the loss of lives and praying for the recovery of those who are injured.

Caroline

P.S. Evelyn is okay, too.

No comments: